Pre-season phone reservations will be accepted 9am-5pm Mon-Sat.
Check-in: 1pm-8pm / check-out: 12 pm
Please call to notify us if you will be arriving early or late.
- 50% deposit to confirm a reservation.
- Weekly and monthly discounted rates are available at initial registration only.
- A maximum of 8 guests per paid site. 1 RV and 1 tent per site, or 2 tents. No reservation tent sites maximum of 4 people.
- Register for additional nights by 6 pm of last paid night. We will try our best to accommodate requests whenever possible.
- Non-reservable sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. No saving of these sites please.
- We are not liable for loss, theft, injury or damage to people or property. We will, however, work hard to make your stay safe.
- Youth under-18 must camp with a parent or guardian.
- Quiet time is from 10 pm - 7 am, unless otherwise listed or stated by management.
- $5 Dumping fee is included with paid stays.
- No outside firewood please. The emerald ash borer is here and you will notice less shade at the campground due to the loss of trees. Please help us protect the remaining trees from other pests and diseases by not transporting in firewood. Wood is available for sale at the camp store.
- Group Sites are for organizations and Institutions only.
- Safe use of golf carts are allowed, must be 16 years old to drive golf carts. No ATV's or motor bikes.
- If management determines that there has been a violation of Campground Standards for safety and etiquette, guest(s) could be asked to leave without refund. (Please see below.)
- Reservations cancelled 10 days or more prior to the first night stay will be refunded, less a $10 processing fee.
- Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the first night of stay will be charged one night's fee plus a $10 processing fee.
- Cancellations made within 3 days, and no-shows, will not be eligible for a refund.
- If arriving late for a multi-day reservation, please call to notify management. We reserve the right to sell a site in the event of a no-show.
- In the event that Prairie Island Park is closed due to the river flooding, reservations will be fully refunded.
- If a reserved site is flooded, but the campground remains open, management will relocate the reservation.
We want everyone to enjoy their time at Prairie Island Campground, so we developed some standards, a laundry list of expectations for our guests. This way, you'll know what to expect, and so will your neighbors:
- Campers and day users, please check-in at the camp office upon entering the campground; we want to welcome you in person. If the office is closed please check-in with our friendly camp hosts. Their site location will be posted on the office door.
- If you find your site just doesn’t work for you, please contact the office prior to moving to a new site. We will work hard to find a site that speaks to your inner camper whenever possible.
- We love youthful energy at the campground; however, if you are under 18 you must camp with a parent or guardian. Don't worry, old people can be fun too!
- No site alterations, or permanent structures allowed; we want you to feel at home, but not that at home. Please feel free to communicate with management if you have ideas about the layout of your site, this way we can consider possible improvements in the future.
- We love our trees and grass. Please, do not harm them.
- Fish cleaning facilities are located near the boat launch; clean your fish there and not in your site. We don't like to keep the scavengers guessing.
- Quiet Time is 10 pm until 7 am unless otherwise stated by management for special circumstances, so please be considerate of your neighbors and expect the same of them.
- Inverter generators are allowed only when placed in sound-proof boxes.
- The campground must remain a safe enjoyable place for everybody. Unsafe actions will not be tolerated in the campground and will result in you being asked to leave. Your site will be forfeited, no refund will be offered, and you will not be allowed back.
- We welcome well-behaved pets. All pets must be controlled on leashes not longer than 6’ and cleaned up after immediately. Pets must not cause a disturbance for other guests.
- Paid campers will be held responsible for the actions of their guests, this includes pets and brothers-in-law.
- Fireworks will not be allowed; there is an exception for fireworks that are legal in Minnesota on the evening of July 4th.
- Visitors will be asked to park in the day use lots after they have off-loaded heavy items.
- Unpaid guests must leave the campground no later than 10 pm.
- You're on vacation; enjoy, relax and drive slowly, this way everybody will be safe.
- No ground dumping of waste water of any kind. Thanks for complying, and Mother Nature thanks you too.
- Land stewardship is important us. Please do your part by controlling your trash and keeping your campsite clean. Use the waste bins located by the dump station.
- We recycle! When you check in, you will be given a clear plastic bag for recyclable items only. There are recycling bins by the dump station. If you need additional bags, just ask us for another.
Non-electric/water sites• $15/night +tax - tent no reservation 2G area
• $26/night +tax
• $157/week +tax
• $1289/Full Season (Limited)
• Group site $65/night +tax (20 people)
• Group site $80/night +tax (30 people)
Electric/Water sites• $31/night +tax
• $189/week +tax
• $882/August 1 - October 31 (Limited)
• $1074/After July 4 - October 31 (Limited)
• $2149 Full Season (Limited)