Phone reservations can be made between 8am-8pm, 7-days a week.
Check-in: 1pm-8pm / check-out: 12 pm
Please call to notify us if you will be arriving early or late.
- 50% deposit to secure a reservation.
- Weekly and monthly discounted rates are available at initial registration only.
- A maximum of 8 guests per paid site. 1 RV and 1 tent per site, or 2 tents and a maximum of 2 vehicles. No reservation tent sites maximum of 4 people.
- Register for additional nights by 6 pm of last paid night. We will try our best to accommodate requests whenever possible.
- Non-reservable sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. No saving of these sites please.
- We are not liable for loss, theft, injury or damage to people or property. We will, however, work hard to make your stay safe.
- Youth under-18 must camp with a parent or guardian.
- Quiet time is from 10 pm - 7 am, unless otherwise listed or stated by management.
- NEW POLICY as of June 6, 2018 - A $15 fee will be charged if trash is left in your fire pit or site. Burning of plastic, glass and aluminum is strictly prohibited. Leave your campsite cleaner than you found it. Recycling and trash bags are provided for free at the time of check-in. If you need additional bags they are available at the camp store.
- $5 Dumping fee is included with paid stays.
- No outside firewood please. The emerald ash borer is here and you will notice less shade at the campground due to the loss of trees. Please help us protect the remaining trees from other pests and diseases by not transporting in firewood. Wood is available for sale at the camp store.
- The discounted group sites rates are for organizations and Institutions only. ($65-$85 per night)
- Safe use of golf carts is allowed, operators must be at least 16 years old. An adult must be on the golf if children under the age of 16 are riding. No ATV's or motor bikes.
- If management determines that there has been a violation of Campground Standards for safety and etiquette, guest(s) could be asked to leave without refund. (Please see below.)
- Reservations cancelled 10 days or more prior to the first night stay will be refunded, less a $10 processing fee.
- Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the first night of stay will be charged one night's fee plus a $10 processing fee.
- Cancellations made within 3 days, and no-shows, will not be eligible for a refund and will forfeit their entire stay.
- If arriving late for a multi-day reservation, please call to notify management. We reserve the right to sell a site in the event of a no-show.
- In the event that Prairie Island Park is closed due to the river flooding, reservations will be fully refunded.
- If a reserved site is flooded, but the campground remains open, management will relocate the reservation.
We want everyone to enjoy their time at Prairie Island Campground, so we developed some standards, a laundry list of expectations for our guests. This way, you'll know what to expect, and so will your neighbors:
Quiet Time is 10 pm until 7 am.
Respect your neighbors. Keep the noise within your rented site. Inverter generators are allowed only when quiet or placed in sound-proof boxes.
Two tents, or one camper and one tent, allowed per site. Eight (8) guests maximum per site. Walk-in tent sites maximum of 4 people.
Park campers perpendicular to the river, 3’ off the road and site boundaries, including slide-outs.
Drive slowly, so kids will be safe.
Firewood must be purchased at the Camp Store and cannot be brought in.
Youth under-18 must camp with a parent or guardian.
Unpaid guests must leave the campground no later than 10 pm. Paid campers will be held responsible for the actions of their guests, this includes pets and brothers-in-law.
The campground must remain a safe enjoyable place for all. Unsafe actions will not be tolerated in the campground and will result in removal from the premise. Site rental will be forfeited and the person(s) will not be allowed back.
Please keep your campsite orderly and leave it cleaner than you found it. Trash left in firepit or site will result in a $15 cleaning fee.
We recycle! Use the clear plastic bag for recyclables and black bags for other. Waste bins located by the dump station.
Please help us keep the shower house clean by hosing off outside after being in the river. No dogs allowed in showers.
We love our trees and grass. Please, do not harm them.
Fish cleaning facilities are located near the boat launch; clean your fish there and not in your site. We compost fish waste! Mix wood chips with them and leave the station cleaner than how you found it.
All pets must be controlled on leashes not longer than 6’, cleaned up after immediately, and not cause a disturbance for other guests.
Fireworks will not be allowed, except in designated area for Minnesota Safe Fireworks on the 4th of July.
$5 Dumping fee is included with paid stays. No ground dumping of waste water of any kind.
Check-out time is noon.
Non-electric/water sites• $15/night +tax - tent no reservation 2G area
• $26/night +tax
• $157/week +tax
• $1289/Full Season (Limited)
• Group site $119-$65/night +tax (20 people)
• Group site $149-$80/night +tax (30 people)
Electric/Water sites• $31/night +tax
• $189/week +tax
• $882/August 1 - October 31 (Limited)
• $1074/After July 4 - October 31 (Limited)
• $2149 Full Season (Limited)